Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably buy many food items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons recipe. You can have creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons:
- You need of large potatoes (skin off) dice to cubes.
- Use of large celery sticks (choped).
- You need of large carrots (chopped).
- Prepare of whole red/white onions (chopped finely).
- You need of garlic bulbs (minced finely).
- Take of shalots (minced finely).
- You need of canned corned beef.
- Provide of table spoons corn starch.
- Prepare of table spoon of chilly flakes.
- Use of table spoon red pepper powder.
- Get of table spoon onion powder.
- You need of chicken stocks.
- Prepare of cooking cream.
- Take of grated parmesan or your fav cheese.
- Get of chopped parsley for garnish.
- Provide of olive oil.
- Provide of unsalted butter stick.
- Prepare of salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Provide of garlic croutons.
Instructions to make Creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons:
- On a med heat, cook the corned beef on a small pot with a drizzle of olive oil till semi-dry (3 minutes) add a spoon of butter and half of minced garlic and shallots. Continue cooking till the color changes to darker hue then set a side (3 to 4 minutes).
- Prepare a large cooking pot. Drizzle 2 spoons of olive oil on med heat then sautee chopped onions till translucent. Add the remaning minced garlic. Add celery & carrots the continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes. Seasoned with salt & pepper then add the corn starch inside and stir well.
- Add the first cup of chicken stock and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and the second cup of chicken stocks then simmer with the lid closed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the cooked corned beef, cooked and stir well. Add the third cup of chicken stock, onion powder, red pepper powder, pepper flakes & 1 bay leaf and adjust the salt and pepper. Simmer wih lid close for 5 minutes.
- Stir well and keep on eye on the liquid since it will reduce down and pour in the last cup of chicken stock. Close the lid and simmer till well cooked (potatoes and carrots easily break with spoon) for about 5 minutes.
- Add cooking cream and adjust salt & pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes and taste check.
- Turned off the heat and put in the remaining of butter. Stir well till it melted perfectly.
- Serve hot with garlic croutons and add the grated cheese on top with chopped parsley.
If you find this Creamy potato chowder with corned beef shreds & garlic croutons recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.