Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. You can cook homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- Prepare of Butter.
- Take of flour.
- Use of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- Use of cooked chicken, minced.
- You need of chicken broth.
- Provide of chopped mushrooms.
- You need of dried Thyme (optional).
Steps to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.