Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mulligatawny Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mulligatawny Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mulligatawny Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mulligatawny soup recipe. To make mulligatawny soup you only need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mulligatawny Soup:
- Take 1 cup of split pigeon peas/toor dal.
- Prepare 100 gm of butter/oil.
- Take 2 of carrots diced finely.
- Take 1/2 cup of beans finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup of onions finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of peas.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Use 1/3 cup of chopped potatoes (optional).
- You need 1 of small red apple, de-skinned and chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Get 2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Take To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of approx 200ml coconut milk.
- You need As needed of chopped coriander and chilli flakes for garnish.
- Get As needed of sour cream to serve on top.
Steps to make Mulligatawny Soup:
- Wash the lentils very well and keep aside..
- Heat a large pot with butter or oil and when melted, add chopped garlic..
- Stir quickly and when they start turning golden, add the chopped onions..
- Let the onions start turning translucent. Now add the rest of the chopped vegetables, except tomatoes, and mix well..
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and cumin powders..
- Once the vegetable start sweating, add the washed lentils..
- Season with salt, sugar and garam masala powders..
- Now add 2 cups of water, vegetable stock or broth..
- Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Keep stirring once every 5 or 6 minutes, until the lentils have turned soft and vegetables are cooked..
- The water will have been soaked up by the lentils; add some more water and the coconut milk. Stir and check salt/seasonings..
- Your mulligatawny soup will be ready in about 20 mins. The soup should not be runny, but on the thicker side. You can also make this in the pressure cooker, but dal should not become mushy..
- Serve hot with rice, or bread..
If you find this Mulligatawny Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.