Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect White Bean Soup with Rosemary Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to White Bean Soup with Rosemary Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to white bean soup with rosemary croutons recipe. To cook white bean soup with rosemary croutons you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook White Bean Soup with Rosemary Croutons:
- Prepare of Italian bread (cut into 1 inch cubes).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Take of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
- Take of garlic, minced.
- Take of rosemary (fresh, minced).
- You need of cannellini or great northern beans (4 cans) rinsed and drained.
- You need of chicken broth (low sodium).
- Get of bacon, chopped.
- Use of onion, chopped fine.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
Steps to make White Bean Soup with Rosemary Croutons:
- For the Croutons: Heat oven to 475°F. Combine bread, 3 tbsp oil, half of the garlic, 1/2 tsp rosemary, 1/8 tsp salt in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Transfer to baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Watch closely (will burn easily)..
- For the Soup: Process 1 1/2 cups of the beans and 1/4 cup of the broth in a food processor until smooth..
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all but 1 tbsp of the bacon fat..
- Cook the onion in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer..
- Stir in the remaining broth, pureed bean mixture, the remaining beans, and the remaining rosemary and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 minutes..
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle servings with bacon and croutons..
If you find this White Bean Soup with Rosemary Croutons recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.