Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pinoy-style onion soup recipe. To cook pinoy-style onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Use 3 each of Large red onions.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Get 1 pinch of Salt.
- Provide 1 pinch of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick of Butter.
- Use 2 tbsp of Canned sliced mushrooms (optional).
- You need 1 liter of Water.
- Prepare 1 each of Beef or chicken bouillon cube.
- Get 4 each of Medium-sized eggs.
- Use 3 each of Stale or day-old pan de sal.
Steps to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Peel and rinse the onions. Slice in half and slice each half into crescents before cutting in half again..
- Heat your soup pan and melt the butter until slightly bubbly..
- Add in the onions and cook under low to medium heat, stirring occassionally until the onions are well-coated with butter..
- Add the sugar and salt and continue to cook under low heat until the onions turn a golden to dark brown. You may add the mushrooms and saute slightly at this point. IMPORTANT NOTE: Be patient if the caramelizing of the onion slices take a while. You do not want high heat and risk burning your onions. :).
- Add the water and bouillon cube. Alternatively, you can use beef or chicken stock if you have it available. *Note: Prepared store-bought stock is not readily available in the Philippines versus beef or chicken cubes, making this the usual option for Pinoy cooks. :).
- Keep at medium heat and boil for about 15-30 minutes, adding the ground pepper in and whatever additional spices you would like. The longer you boil, the more flavorful the soup will be..
- While the soup is simmering, slice your pan de sal (or bread of choice) horizontally into 1/4-inch thick slices. This will be your soup's "topping"..
- Turn off the heat once soup is cooked down to desired flavor..
- To serve, crack a whole egg into your soup bowl and pour your hot soup over it. Top with your bread slices..
If you find this Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.