Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chilled lemongrass beef & noodles with marinated carrots and cucumber recipe. You can have chilled lemongrass beef & noodles with marinated carrots and cucumber using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber:
- Get 10 oz. of Thinly Sliced Beef.
- Use 1 of Lime.
- Get 6 oz. of Carrots.
- You need 1 of Persian Cucumber.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Use 1 stalk of Lemongrass.
- Provide 1/2 lb. of Fresh Lo Mein Noodles.
- Take 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Provide 2 tbsps of Soy Sauce.
- Get 2 tbsps of Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar.
Instructions to make Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber:
- Fill a medium pot with water; cover and heat to boiling on high. Wash and dry the fresh produce..
- Zest the lime to get 1 teaspoon (if you don’t have a zester, use a peeler to remove the green rind of the lime, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind). Quarter the lime..
- Cut off and discard the ends of the lemongrass. Peel away the fibrous outer layers to reach the pliable white core; finely chop the core. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic..
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, lime zest, and the juice of 1 lime wedge..
- Separate the beef; pat dry with paper towels. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the beef in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Add the chopped lemongrass and garlic and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the beef is just cooked through..
- Transfer to the bowl of sauce; stir to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside to cool..
- While the beef cools, peel the carrots; grate on the large side of a box grater. Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and the juice of the remaining lime wedges. Add the grated carrots and sliced cucumber. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes..
- While the vegetables marinate, add the noodles to the pot of boiling water, stirring gently to separate. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly and rinse under cold water 30 seconds to 1 minute to cool..
- Add the cooled noodles and marinated vegetables to the bowl of dressed beef; stir to thoroughly combine. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chilled Lemongrass Beef & Noodles with Marinated Carrots and Cucumber recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.