Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to voula's vegetable avgolemono soup (greek veggie egg-lemon soup) recipe. To cook voula's vegetable avgolemono soup (greek veggie egg-lemon soup) you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup):
- Use of carrots.
- You need of large potatos.
- Prepare of celery.
- Get of fennel.
- Prepare of zucchini.
- Get of leek.
- You need of orzo.
- Get of large egg.
- Prepare of juice of lemon.
- Provide of fresh parsley.
- Take of dill.
- Use of oregano.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Get of bouillon cubes.
Steps to make Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup):
- Clean, peel and chop all vegetables. Add to large pot of boiling water with bouillon cubes. I used chicken bouillon, but of course you can use actual broth or vegetable bouillon/broth..
- Bring vegetables to boil and then add orzo. Add salt, pepper, oregano, dill and parsley. Boil till orzo is ready.
- When orzo is ready, lower heat. Squeeze lemon juice and set aside. Separate egg yolk from the white. In a bowl whisk egg white till frothy. Add yolk in next and continue to beat. Then add in lemon juice and beat more..
- This is the important step! We don't want any curdling so be careful. After you whisk together the egg – lemon sauce, gradually add in about five tablespoons of the soup into bowl and continue to beat. Then pour in the egg lemon mixture and stir gently to distribute it into the soup. It will be frothy on top and as your stir it will take on a nice color and thicken. Make sure not to let the soup boil..
If you find this Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.