Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jamaican red peas soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican red peas soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican red peas soup recipe. To make jamaican red peas soup you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamaican red peas soup:
- You need 3/4 lb of pig tail (cut in pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of stew beef (cut in pieces).
- Get 3/4 lb of Red peas.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pack of grace cock soup.
- Get 1/2 lb of flour.
- Use 4 tbs of cornmeal.
- Use 1/2 lb of yam.
- You need 1/2 lb of sweet potato.
- Use of pimento seeds.
- Use 2 stalks of escallion.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme.
- Get 1 of green scotch bonnet pepper.
- Get 1/2 lb of pumpkin.
- Take 1 of small dasheen (to thicken soup).
- Get 1 pk of Kendel coconut powder.
- Provide 2 of pegs garlic.
- You need 10 of pimento seeds.
Instructions to make Jamaican red peas soup:
- Rinse pig's tail and beef with vinegar and water..
- Boil pig tail for about 5 mins., to get rid of excess salt..
- Rinse peas and place in pressure cooker, dice pumpkin and dasheen and add to peas along with garlic and pimento seeds. Add enough water to cover the peas. Then bring to a boil..
- Pour about 6 cups tap water in the pressure cooker, then add meat. cover and pressure for 30 minutes. (start counting after the pressure cooker starts making that sound :)).
- Remove from heat and allow the cooker to cool, then open. remove meat if they are already tender..
- Pour out the contents of the pressure cooker in another pot, or use an ordinary cover on the pressure cooker. Use the flour and cornmeal to make dumplings, peel and slice yam and sweet potato or any other ground provision you like, add to the pot..
- Mix the coconut cream in 1 cup warm water and add to pot.
- Add, cock soup, escallion, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Cover and allow food to cook. This will take about 15 minutes. Add cooked meat when about 5 mins remain..
- Stir regularly to prevent sticking..
- Remove from heat, and enjoy!.
If you find this Jamaican red peas soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.