Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most likely buy many items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. You can have leek & baked potato soup using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook leek & baked potato soup:
- Prepare 1 stalk of leek 6-8 in. long.
- Get 3 medium of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- Prepare 1/4 small of onion (minced).
- Use 3 cup of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 tsp of salt (split).
- Take 1 tsp of cracked black pepper (split).
- Get 1/4 cup of flour.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
Steps to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.