Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys mulligatawny soup, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys mulligatawny soup, gf df ef sf nf using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large carrots, chopped.
- Use 1 of large white potato, diced.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Use 1 of apple, chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of curry powder, strength to your taste.
- Get 1200 ml of vegetable stock.
- Use 1 tbsp of mango chutney.
- Use 1 tbsp of tomato puree / paste.
- Take 25 grams of sultanas.
- Take to taste of salt & pepper.
- Use 100 g of cooked basmati rice.
Instructions to make Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the chopped carrots, potato, onion, garlic and apple in it for 10 minutes until softening.
- Add the curry powder and stir in. Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chutney, tomato puree and sultanas. Turn down to a low simmer and let cook for around 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit then puree the whole lot adding boiled water to thin the consistency if required.
- Add the cooked rice, warm through and season to taste.
- Serve with some crisp, flavoured poppadoms.
- There are many other versions of Mulligatawny that use chicken, chickpeas and vegetables including, leek, celery, sweet potato etc.
If you find this Vickys Mulligatawny Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.