Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
We all know that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snacks to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain foods is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken recipe. To make economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken you need 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Take 1 large of breast Chicken breast.
- Get of Marinade:.
- Take 1 of see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ▲ Katakuriko.
- Prepare 3 of cm Carrot.
- Get 2 small of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cooked bamboo shoot in water.
- Prepare of Flavor:.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 2 of tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar.
- Use 2 tsp of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- Use 100 ml of ★Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water.
- Provide 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1/4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion..
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry..
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly..
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean)..
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked..
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing..
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes..
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done..
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.).
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator..
If you find this Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.