Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich resource of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the physical body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try adding some wholesome nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. You can have caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Provide 1 medium of fryer chicken(whole).
- You need 6 cup of water.
- Get 1 medium of chayote squash.
- You need 4 large of carrots.
- You need 1 large of green plantain.
- Prepare 2 large of white potatoes.
- Provide 1 large of yuka.
- Take 3 small of roma tomatoes.
- Provide 2 medium of zucchini squash.
- Prepare 1 large of sweet vidalia onion.
- Provide 2 of ears of fresh corn.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or culantro.
- Provide 1 dash of salt to taste.
- Take 1 dash of pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr ).
Instructions to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot..
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides..
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender..
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup..
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl..
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka..
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl..
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl..
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl..
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl..
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl..
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW..
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish..
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot..
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender..
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes..
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish..
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!.
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!.
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.