Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack a lot of people neglect. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. You can not beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich resource of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts and seeds. It’s an excellent way to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple creamy butternut squash soup recipe. You can cook simple creamy butternut squash soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice).
- Take 2 Tablespoons of butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of chopped leeks (light green and white parts only – remember to wash your leeks well!).
- You need 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped into a 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Get 1 of stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Use 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon dried).
- Prepare 2 cups of baked butternut squash.
- Provide 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable stock.
- Use 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take of up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others).
- Provide 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk – it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy).
Steps to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter..
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily – the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.).
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes..
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so..
If you find this Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.