Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chinese hot and sour soup recipe. To make mike's chinese hot and sour soup you only need 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup:
- You need of ● For The Hot & Sour Soup.
- You need 5 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- Use 1 1/2 Cups of Precooked Shreaded Chicken, Beef Or Pork [packed].
- Use 1/4 Cup of Bamboo Shoots [drained – thin sliced].
- Take 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [drained – minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms [small chop – or, white & brown].
- Use 6 oz of Firm Tofu [1/2" chop].
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fine Minced Fresh Ginger.
- Use 1 of [or 2 – your call] LG Eggs [beaten].
- Use 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Sriracha Chile Sauce.
- Use 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Get of ● For The Thickener.
- Get 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tbs Water [more if you want her more viscous].
- Get of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- Take as needed of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Take as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Use as needed of Thai Chilies [fine minced – optional].
- Provide as needed of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles.
- Take as needed of Soy Sauce.
- You need as needed of Chile Sauce.
- Take of ● For The Options.
- Get 1/8 Cup of Dried Roasted Nori [aka dried seaweed – rough chopped].
Instructions to make Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup:
- Chop your veggies. Heat everything in the Hot & Sour Soup section for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. At 20 minutes in, add your whisked egg[s] and stir constantly until eggs are fully cooked. Then, while soup is at a steady simmer, add your corn starch and water mixture slowly. She'll thicken up quickly as she bubbles away. Add more corn starch and water if you'd like her a bit thicker. ● P.S., this is the actual color of soup below. The kiddos somehow ended up taking darker faced photos upon down lighting with the other pictures..
- Brown, white, oyster or Shiitake mushrooms really do make this dish! Your choice! Just dice!.
- For The Sides & Garnishments. Thai Chilies, fresh Cilantro leaves and chopped Chives..
- Dried Roasted Nori. To taste. Definitely consider this addition!.
- Fresh crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are always a must atop this flavorful dish!.
- Top view..
- Serve Hot & Sour Soup with the fresh garnishments listed. Especially the fresh Cilantro. It really does make the dish! Serve soup piping hot with fresh, crunchy Chow Mein Noodles and Soy Sauce. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.