Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent option as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are often considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. Regarding almonds, however, they wont cause you to long for a nap. These nuts relax the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Sometimes eating almonds can also be a mood enhancer!
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. To make simple cabbage & bean soup with pork you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Provide 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 1 of small onion, diced.
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Take 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Provide 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- Use 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Take 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Instructions to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.