Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. If we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
One of the most popular snack foods is yogurt. The truth is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. You can not beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Try including some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This reduces your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ox/beef stew cooked in red wine recipe. To cook ox/beef stew cooked in red wine you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine:
- Provide 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced.
- Get 4 of small potatoes, peeled and and cut into quarters.
- Prepare 4 of small onions, peeled and cut into quarters.
- Use 80 g of green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half.
- Use 1/2 of swede, peeled and cut into small squares.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, peeled and sliced.
- Use 1 of parsnip, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Get 500 g of beef or ox cheek, or both, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of rapeseed oil or olive oil.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of beef oxo cube.
- Prepare 400 ml of red wine.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 200 ml of water, plus extra if needed.
- Prepare 100 g of pearl Barley.
- Get 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
Instructions to make Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil then in batches brown the meat. Set aside when done..
- Next add the rest of the oil and fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes..
- Then add the celery, carrots, parsnip, swede, oregano and thyme. Dry fry for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the wine, water bay leaves and oxo cube. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Scrape the bottom with the spoon..
- Once boiling add the meat and any meat juices..
- Add the potatoes, Barley and beans..
- Stew cook over a low/medium heat for 3-4 hours. I ran out or time so I cooked mine over a medium heat for 2 hours adding more water when it become a little dry. Stir occasionally..
If you find this Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.