Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt makes a fantastic snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pho bo (thai beef soup) recipe. You can cook pho bo (thai beef soup) using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup):
- Use 2 qts of beef stock.
- You need 4 of whole star anise.
- Take 1 packet of gelatin.
- Get 6 of cloves.
- Provide 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of bone-in beef shank.
- Use 1 of whole onion.
- Take 1 piece (2 inch) of ginger, unpeeled.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Provide 1/4 cup of fish sauce, divided.
- Use 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 2 lb of beef flank, slightly frozen.
- Provide 2 of limes, quartered.
- Provide 1 of Thai Chile, cut into thin 2 inch strips.
- You need of scallion, thin sliced, greens only.
- You need 1 cup of Thai Chile straw.
- Take 2 of jalapeños, thin sliced.
- Take 1 cup of bean sprouts.
- Get 1 cup of Thai basil, mint, and cilantro, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 packet of Thai cellophane noodles.
Instructions to make Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup):
- Throw beef broth, gelatin, anise, cloves, cinnamon sticks, salt, pepper, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar and beef shank in a stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low. Skim the layer of debris off the top. Maintain a light simmer..
- While simmering preheat the oven to 350F and place the onion, ginger and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake whole for 15 minutes..
- When done cut the onion and garlic cloves in half and slice the ginger into 1/4 thick slices. Add to stock pot. Continue to simmer for 2-3 hours..
- Taste your broth, if necessary season with some apple cider vinegar or fish sauce. Allow the broth to cool and skim the fat off the top. Try not to remove all the fat. Reserve what you have removed. The broth can be used immediately refrigerated for up to four days or frozen for up to a month..
- Return the broth to the stockpot with the beef flank. You may have to cut it in half, but make site is submerged. Ģ in an anise pod for good measure. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Cook the meat for 30-45 minutes. Depending on your doneness preference. The frozen meat allows to you get really rare beef while still allowing the out layers to soak up some flavors from the broth. If you don't like rare meat, defrost your beef first..
- Prepare your toppings.
- When the beef is done remove from the stock pot and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. You can allow your broth to still cook, but check your flavor at this point. If it needs more salty, that's where the fish sauce comes in. Acid? A dash of lime juice or apple cider vinegar may help. Could use a little more sweet? Throw in a tbsp of brown sugar or agave nectar..
- While you're waiting cook your rice noodles according to the package. Remove and coat with sesame oil to prevent sticking..
- With a sharp knife cut your meat as thin as possible. If it's too rare a little time in the hot broth will remedy that for you..
- Set out the noodles broth beef and toppings for the diners..
- You start with noodles in the bowl..
- Then throw in some broth, followed by meat, toppings and sauces..
- Now slurp away.
If you find this Pho Bo (Thai Beef Soup) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.