Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. You can have squash soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- Get of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- You need of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Provide of water.
- Take of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Take of Salt.
- Use of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- You need of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- You need of sliced ham (optional).
- Provide of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Use of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Use of dollops cream (optional).
- Take of coconut cream (optional).
Instructions to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
If you find this Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.