Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Treats.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of wellness. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. You can have wholesome chicken soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Get 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Use 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Get 1 of large onion, quartered.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Provide 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Take 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Provide dash of dried ginger powder.
- Take 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Use 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- Get 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide to taste of Pepper.
- Take of Sour cream to serve.
Steps to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.