Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Chorizo Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Chorizo Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely pick out a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and chorizo soup recipe. You can cook chicken and chorizo soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Chorizo Soup:
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chicken medium dice.
- Use 1 lb of chorizo sausage-casings removed.
- Get 1 of green bell pepper-small dice.
- Get 1 of red bell pepper-small dice.
- You need 1 of med red onion small dice.
- Provide 1 cup of shred carrots- can have small dice too.
- Use 1 of lemon juiced.
- Provide 1 of lime juiced.
- Prepare 1 TBS of minced garlic.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of cumin.
- Provide .25 tsp of saffron or safflower threads.
- Take 1 bunch of parsley minced.
- Prepare 1 can of whole corn.
- Prepare 2 cans of rotel- no salt.
- You need 32 oz of chicken broth- mine was salt free store bought.
Instructions to make Chicken and Chorizo Soup:
- Heat 5 quart stock pot over med-high heat. Cook chicken and Chorizo..
- Remove chicken and Chorizo from pot..
- Using fat from chorizo to sauté garlic, onion, carrots and peppers. Drain excess fat from veggies and discard.
- Add meat and veggies back to pot. Add the juices, rotel, corn, seasonings, and broth..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 min..
- When close to be finished cooking add parsley to pot. If using dried parsley add with rest of seasoning..
- Serve with rice, beans, fresh cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc….
If you find this Chicken and Chorizo Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.