Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely buy lots of food items out of habit. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to corned beef & cabbage recipe. To make corned beef & cabbage you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- Prepare 4-5 pound of corned beef brisket, packaged.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 3-4 of whole allspice.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- You need 2-3 of whole cloves.
- Take 1 tsp. of mustard seed.
- Provide 1 tsp. of coriander seed (optional).
- Use Dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Use 1 of medium – large head of cabbage cut in 4 or 8 piece wedges.
- Get 1.5 pounds of new or red potatoes, quartered.
Instructions to make Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- To prepare the cured corned beef, rinse it under cool water. Discard the seasoning packet, since this is not very fresh ingredients, and use your own!.
- Place the meat in a small deep roasting pan. Add all the spices and the sugar. Cover the meat with cold water and place a lid on top. Place it in a warming oven and set the temp at 325 degrees. Simmer for about 3 hours. *If using a crockpot, set at lower temp setting and cook a bit longer..
- Allow the meat to cool in the broth. Skim off the water surface and discard the seasonings in the pot..
- With 40 minutes left in the cooking time, prepare the cabbage. Drive a long toothpick into the center of each wedge. Place wedges in a large pot with about 2” of water and cover with a lid..
- Heat the water in the pot to a boiling temp then reduce to a medium heat. Keep covered and steam for about 20 minutes until it’s slightly soft..
- Boil potatoes in a separate pot until slightly soft, then drain. Place them in an oven pan, drizzle with oil, and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and slice against the grain..
- Place the slices of beef on a plate with sliced wedges of cabbage and potatoes. Spoon the broth over the meat and vegetables..
- Serve with a variety of mustards or sour cream w/ horseradish sauce..
If you find this Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.