Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you have to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa recipe. You can cook stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa:
- Prepare 500 g of vine leaves, washed and stems removed.
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Get 1 kg of lamb ribs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- Take 600 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of white rice, washed and drained.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Steps to make Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa:
- In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together..
- Place the vine leaves in a pot filled with boiling water for 1 min. Remove from hot water and place under cold water. Strain well and set aside..
- Take one vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same procedure with the other vine leaves..
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat ribs and fry them in a skillet until brown..
- Place the cooked ribs at the bottom of a deep pot..
- Place the wrapped vine leaves over the ribs in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min..
- Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside..
- To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
If you find this Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini – mehshi warak enab w koussa recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.