Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef croquettes in tomato gravy recipe. You can cook beef croquettes in tomato gravy using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy:
- Take 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- Provide 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes – drained, liquid reserved.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- Provide 1 tsp of chicken boullion granules.
Instructions to make Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy:
- In a small bowl wisk together the liquid from the tomatoes, tomato soup, water, and chicken boullion..
- Place the first 8 ingredients listed, 3 tbs of the liquid mixture, and half the diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Stir remaining tomatoes into liquid mixture, set aside..
- Mix ingredients in the large bowl by hand until well blended. Shape into 6 equal croquettes (think mini meatloaf)..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbs olive oil, swirl to coat. Arrange croquettes in skillet evenly spaced. Cook about 2 minutes per side, just until nicely browned but not cooked through..
- Pour tomato mixture evenly over croquettes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover. Allow to gently simmer untouched 15 minutes..
- If you wish to thicken the tomato gravy before serving remove lid, increase heat back to medium and vigorously simmer about 5 minutes more, gently spooning gravy over croquettes to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. Enjoy!.
If you find this Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.