Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. To cook caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Use 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Instructions to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.