Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Italian Orzo Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Italian Orzo Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything at once or that you have to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to italian orzo soup recipe. You can have italian orzo soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Italian Orzo Soup:
- Take 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Italian sausage.
- Provide 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced into coins and quartered.
- Use 1 of large zucchini, sliced into coins and quartered.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Use 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Use 1 can (16 oz.) of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- Use 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- Provide 2 cups of spinach, roughly chopped.
- Take of Suggested Toppings :.
- Prepare of ·parmesan cheese.
- You need of ·red pepper flakes.
Instructions to make Italian Orzo Soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until completely browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the carrots to the pot, then stir in the broth, water, diced tomatoes, beans and seasonings..
- Once it all comes to a boil, stir in the orzo and zuchinni, then lower the heat back down and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the veggies have softened and the orzo is close to al dente. Make sure to stir often during this time, so the orzo won't stick to the pot..
- Stir in the spinach and simmer just 2-3 minutes more, until it's wilted..
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over individual portions for a bit of extra heat..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place the amount you want warmed in a small pot (add a splash of broth if needed, the orzo will absorb a lot of the liquid during frigeration) and bring to a simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through..
If you find this Italian Orzo Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.