Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most probably choose many food items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe. You can cook squash and red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Use of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- Provide of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- Prepare of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- Prepare of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Take of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Provide of ground cinnamon.
- Take of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need of fresh lemon juice.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of to sprinkle on top.
- Prepare of Za’atar.
- Get of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- Take of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Steps to make Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.