Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic recipe. To cook chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- Prepare 1 Tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 3-4 of medium carrots peeled and cut into roughly 1/4" thick discs.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- Use 1-2 of large stems of celery (depending on how much you like celery flavor), chopped.
- You need of the white part of one leek, well washed and julienned.
- Get 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (you'll want at least half dark meat for fat and flavor).
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of salt to start.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice.
Instructions to make Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- In a large pot, heat the oil to medium high. Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add thyme, bay leaves, chicken, and water..
- Add salt and parsley and give it a few gentle stirs..
- Turn heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After 20 minutes, add Jasmine rice, turn heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If seasoning is to your liking, you can turn off the heat. If you need to adjust seasoning, adjust then simmer for another 5 minutes..
- That's it! Enjoy (and feel better!). :).
If you find this Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.