Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to purple potato sage & leek soup recipe. You can have purple potato sage & leek soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- You need of Purple Potatoes.
- Provide of Large Leeks (sliced thin).
- Use of Chopped Red Onion.
- You need of Large Garlic (minced).
- Provide of Butter.
- Provide of Chicken (or Veg) stock.
- Use of Fresh Sage (chopped).
- Get of Heavy Cream.
- Get of Sea Salt.
- Provide of Fresh Ground Pepper.
Steps to make Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup:
- Cold water rinse then salt/brine boil whole potatoes until fork can spear them (about 30-40 minutes).
- Chop garlic, onion, sage and leeks, then melt butter in a pan and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes) leeks should still be slightly firm. Then add 1 cup stock to pan and stir for about a minute until all the liquid is absorbed – turn heat off and let sit.
- When potatoes are ready, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, then place them into a food processor or blender. whip. they will turn into a creamy/sticky/gooey consistency. Use some stock and whip in and loosen the goo then pour into soup pot.
- Next put the sautéed veg into the processor and burst chop until minced (don't cremate or texture of soup will be off) – again use a bit of stock to loosen the buttery veg mix and mix in, then dump into pot and stir the whole mixture together while adding the remaining stock (less stock for a thicker consistency) and salt/pepper.
- Bring to a medium boil while stirring frequently. At boil, lower to simmer and slowly stir in cream (can add more or less to preference). simmer 20 minutes on low heat to thicken (longer for thicker) and turn off heat. Let pot sit covered for 10-20 minutes with an occasional stir before serving to finish..
- Refrigerate excess immediately in an air tight container – do not freeze. Will keep 4-6 days if refrigerated and well sealed (zero air). The cream will spoil rapidly if left to sit/exposed to air.
If you find this Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.