Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To make jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Take of dry split green peas.
- Get of smoked bacon slices.
- Take of bacon fat.
- Get of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of onions, small diced.
- Use of carrot, small diced.
- Use of celery, small diced.
- Prepare of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Use of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Use of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of ground black pepper.
- You need of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Provide of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Take of baguette bread slices.
- Get of olive oil.
- Provide of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- You need of feta cheese, small diced.
- Take of chopped oregano.
- Use of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of paprika powder.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.