Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to five spice braised beef with daikon and carrot recipe. To make five spice braised beef with daikon and carrot you need 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot:
- Prepare of Beef, cubed.
- You need of Five spice powder.
- You need of Sichuan peppercorn.
- Provide of Star anise.
- Get of Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped.
- Take of Green onion, finely chopped.
- Use of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Provide of Sugar brown.
- Use of Carrots, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Provide of Daikon, peeled and cubed.
- Take of Shaoxing cooking wine.
- Use of Red boat fish sauce.
- Prepare of Tomatoes, quartered.
- You need of avocado oil.
- Provide of Bay leaves.
- Get of baguette, sliced.
Steps to make Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot:
- Combine beef with five spice, salt and pepper, soy, sugar, fish sauce and marinate for 10 min.
- Place avocado oil in hot wok and sautée green onion, garlic, ginger, peppercorn until fragrant. Add in marinated beef cubes and evenly coat beef with herbs..
- When beef is brown, deglaze with cooking wine. Let evaporate. Add cubed tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer beef mixture to a large pot, add bay leaves, anise star and cover with water (barely submerge), bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium to low heat and cook for 45-1 hour until water is reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add daikon and carrot. Simmer until tender and serve with baguette.
If you find this Five Spice Braised Beef with Daikon and Carrot recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.