Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese-style pho noodle soup recipe. To cook vietnamese-style pho noodle soup you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- Prepare of Soup.
- Use of vegetable, chicken, or beef stock (Japanese stock works well too).
- You need of star anise.
- Take of whole cloves.
- You need of cinnamon stick (about 3 in).
- Take of thumb-sized piece fresh ginger.
- You need of onion, cut in quarters.
- You need of Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste.
- Provide of Noodles and Garnishes.
- Use of serving pho noodles or rice vermicelli.
- Take of Black pepper (optional).
- Use of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of fresh lime cut in wedges.
- Prepare of your favorite hot chilis (optional).
- Prepare of boneless chicken cut in slices or for a vegetarian option, try fried tofu.
Instructions to make Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup:
- In a large pot, add the stock, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and onion. Bring to a boil, turn to low, then simmer with the lid on for 45 to 1 hour..
- Strain out the spices and onion, then add 2 Tbsp of fish sauce or soy sauce. Taste the soup and add more if needed (it depends on the kind of sauce you use). * You can do up to this step ahead of time and then just reheat the soup when you are ready to eat..
- Add some of the soup to a smaller pot and bring to a simmer. Add the sliced meat and cook for 2-3 minutes. If using fried tofu, skip this step. (You can do this in the large pot too, but I found it easier to dish out the meat evenly if it was separate, or if you are not eating all 4 servings).
- If using fried tofu, grill it a bit in a frying pan (no oil needed) and cut into thin slices. Put on top of the soup just before serving..
- Prepare the noodles according to the directions and drain. Some packages tell you to chill the noodles in cold water, but it makes the soup cold so I recommend keeping the noodles hot! (Just make sure you do this just before adding the soup, or else they noodles will stick together)..
- Divide the noodles among deep soup bowls and dish out the soup with the meat over the noodles..
- Garnish with fresh lime, chopped chilis, and black pepper. Put the fish sauce/soy sauce at the table in case you need more. Dig in!.
If you find this Vietnamese-style Pho Noodle Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.