Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to monk’s vegan soup ‘kenchin-jiru’ recipe. To make monk’s vegan soup ‘kenchin-jiru’ you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’:
- Use of Sesame Oil.
- Provide of Carrot.
- Prepare of Daikon (White Radish).
- Get of Satoimo (small Taros) *OR 1 large Potato.
- Get of Gobo (Burdock Root) *optional.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Soy Sauce.
- Provide of Ground Chilli OR finely ground White Pepper *optional.
- Provide of Tofu *medium firm type such as ‘Momen’.
- Get of Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu).
- Use of & 1/2 cups Water.
- Prepare of Spring Onion *finely shopped.
- Take of Kombu (Kelp).
- Prepare of <Stock>.
- Provide of Dried Shiitake.
- Get of *Note: You can use 1 heaped teaspoon Dashi Powder instead.
Steps to make Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’:
- Prepare the stock first. Place cold Water in a bowl, add cleaned Kombu (Kelp) and Dried Shiitake, and soak for at least 1-2 hours. Softened Shiitake can be cut into small pieces and added to the soup later..
- *Note: Do not add the softened Kombu to the soup. Kombu will get slimy and unpleasant flavour will come out. Use it for something else..
- Cut all Vegetables and Tofu into small pieces that are easy to eat. Finely cut Spring Onion for topping..
- Heat Sesame Oil in a large saucepan or pot, stir-fry Vegetables for a few minutes. Add 1 pinch Salt to season..
- Add 3 cups Kombu (Kelp) and Shiitake stock. (*Avoid the dirt and settlings.) Bring to the simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season with Soy Sauce and cook until all vegetables are soft..
- *Note: I add 1 pinch Ground Chilli OR White Pepper for a hint of spiciness. This is totally untraditional, but I like it..
- When Vegetables are soft, add Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu) and Tofu, and bring back to the boil. Then it’s done!.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy..
If you find this Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.