Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. To cook broccoli blue cheese soup you need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Take 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- Use 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Provide 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- Provide 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 60 grams of blue cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- You need 30 grams of butter.
- Use 150 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 cup of hot water.
- Take 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- Use 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.