Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most probably buy a lot of items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. To make tomato basil soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tomato Basil Soup:
- You need 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Use 2 of carrots.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Get 1 of sweet potato.
- Take 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- Take 1 c of celery.
- Take 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Get to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of sugar.
- Take of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Use of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- Take 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Prepare 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.