Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup recipe. To cook vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup you only need 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- You need of Vegetables.
- Provide 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- Get 5 stick of Celery.
- You need 2 of small, Turnip.
- You need 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- Prepare 3 of small, Onion.
- You need 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- Use 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- Provide 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- You need 1 bunch of basil (two).
- Provide 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- Provide 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- Prepare 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- Prepare of Base.
- Take 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- Use 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- Use 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- Use 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- Use of Cookware.
- Use 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- Provide 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Use 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- Take 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- Provide 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- Provide of Starch.
- Prepare 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- You need of Optional.
- You need 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- You need 5 cup of Spinach.
Steps to make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
If you find this Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.