Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Treats.
We are very mindful that eating healthy foods can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular treats is yogurt. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. Along with calcium, it’s a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. To cook hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- Prepare of dried split peas.
- Provide of green lentils.
- Provide of yellow lentils.
- Use of barley.
- You need of olive oil.
- Get of onions.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Use of carrots.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.