Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic vietnamese beef pho recipe. You can cook authentic vietnamese beef pho using 38 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho:
- Take of Broth.
- Prepare 1 gallon of water.
- Use 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Provide 1 lb of beef soup bones (leg and/or knuckle).
- You need 1 large of ginger root.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Provide 2 small of serrano peppers (stems removed, seeds in).
- Use 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander) stalk.
- Get 1 of tea ball (or coffee filter).
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- Use 2 of black cardamom seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Provide 10 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper corns.
- You need of Noodles.
- Use 1/2 packages of rice noodles bahn pho (see photo) or vermicelle.
- Get 3 cup of water.
- You need 1 dash of chili lime salt.
- Get 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Get 1 of ice bath.
- Provide of Beef.
- Provide 1 lb of beef brisket.
- Use 1 tbsp of chili lime salt.
- Prepare 10 of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Get of Garnish.
- Prepare bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves.
- You need of fresh bean sprouts.
- You need of thinly sliced serrano peppers.
- You need of thinly sliced red peppers.
- You need of baby bok choi (wilted and shocked).
- Provide of grated carrot and daikon.
- Get of sliced green onion.
- Provide 1 of lemon or lime (quartered).
- Use of sriracha.
- Provide of hoisin sauce.
Steps to make Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho:
- First, prepare brisket a day in advance. Rub brisket with chili lime salt, ground cloves, and crushed black pepper. Refrigerate in sealed airtight ziploc..
- In a large pot, bring 1/2 gallon of water to rolling boil and soak bones for 10 minutes, drain. Remove the bones and rinse them well, and wash out the pot really well..
- Meanwhile, in an oiled roasting pan place ginger (sliced in flat large chunks), onion (halved skin on), and serrano peppers (whole). Roast under the broiler until ginger is charred and golden brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium heat, lightly toast all the spices. Put the toasted spices in the tea ball, or balled up coffee filter. Set aside..
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add bones, fish sauce, spice satchel, and fresh cilantro stalks. Add charred onion, ginger and serrano peppers. Simmer (lowest possible boil) for 3 hours with the lid on..
- After simmering for 1/2 hour…. Remove lid. Using a very fine strainer (I used a silkscreen), remove all the "debris" from the top of the broth. Optional * Keep debris for another purpose* Cover. Repeat every 1/2 hour. Continue simmering for remaining 2 1/2 hours..
- When the broth is ready in 10 minutes…. In a medium pot bring 3 cups water to boil adding a dash of chili lime salt and 1 tsp coconut oil. Optional *Add baby bok choi and leave 1 minute and remove with strainer, place in ice bath. * Now, add noodles and cook 1-3 minutes(desired tenderness). Remove noodles with strainer, place in ice bath..
- Prepare garnishes…..
- Remove brisket from refrigerator and slice, against the grain, in very thin slices..
- When the broth has been simmering for minimum 3 hours…. Remove all debris and pass the entire broth through the strainer one last time. And simmer…..
- In each bowl (4) place à few slices of brisket and a large bunch of noodles. Add boiling broth, allow 10 minutes for broth to cool and beef to cook..
- Add selected garnishes;-) My favs are: squeeze of lemon/lime, fresh bean sprouts, fresh cilantro leaves, grated carrot and diakon, thinly chopped serrano peppers, thinly sliced red peppers, baby bok choi, green onion and a squirt of sriracha. I don't use hoisin, but I put it there because a lot of people do…..
- Enjoy…don't forget to breath!.
- *Optional: The debris you filtered off is mostly fat, marrow and small bits of meat and grisle. Remove the ginger, onion, peppers, and spice satchel, and strip the bones. This stuff is gold.. Kinda like Vietnamese bacon fat!! *.
If you find this Authentic Vietnamese Beef Pho recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.