Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. You can cook squash soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- Prepare of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Get of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Take of water.
- Use of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Take of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Use of sliced ham (optional).
- You need of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Prepare of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Use of dollops cream (optional).
- Get of coconut cream (optional).
Instructions to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
If you find this Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.