Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jamaican chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican chicken soup recipe. To cook jamaican chicken soup you only need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican chicken soup:
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- Take 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken on bone.
- Take 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chicken powder.
- Take 1 of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- Get 1 of lump of butter.
- Provide 1 of scotch bonnet.
- Use 7 of white flesh sweet potatoes small.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of pimento berries or all spice berries.
- Use Half of a medium pumpkin.
- Get 1 of medium cassava.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 of corn on the cob.
- Use of Dumplings.
- Prepare 250 g of flour.
- Use of Water.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
Steps to make Jamaican chicken soup:
- Peel and cube the pumpkin And remove the seeds. Place in boiled water until soft and remove from the water. Keep the water in the pot. Mash the soft pumpkin and place it back in the pot of water..
- Add the washed chicken pieces in to the pot, along with the thyme, spring onions, pimento beans or all spice berries (I used all spice). Poke a little hole in the scotch bonnet and add to the pot. You might want to remove the scotch bonnet after 20 mins to avoid it being too spicy. I kept mine in..
- Peel and cut the potatoes, Carrot, cassava and cut sweet corn. Rinse and then put these in the pot also. Also add the packet of grace chicken noodle soup mix..
- Whilst this is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix with a bit of water. It should start to form a dough. Add more flour if too sticky. Once the dough is less sticky, start to knead it and create little long sticks. Put these into the pot too..
- The potatoes and cassava pieces should now be soft. Add in the butter and chicken powder. Add additional seasoning to suit your tastes. I used butter, salt and chicken powder for mine and it was perfect..
- Enjoy! 😋😋😋.
If you find this Jamaican chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.