Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Butternut soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut soup recipe. To make butternut soup you need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut soup:
- Get of olive oil.
- You need of medium onion, diced.
- Use of garlic, minced.
- Get of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- Take of sea salt.
- Get of white pepper.
- Prepare of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- Take of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Take of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- Prepare of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- Take of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
Steps to make Butternut soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
If you find this Butternut soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.