Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Tamale Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tamale Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people neglect. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich resource of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Quick hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tamale pie recipe. To cook tamale pie you only need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tamale Pie:
- You need of Tamale filling.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 of medium onion minced.
- Get 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Provide 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 15 oz of can black beans drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 14 oz of can diced tomatoes drained.
- Provide 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilantro minced.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Cornbread topping.
- Use 3/4 cup of flour.
- Take 3/4 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Provide 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Use 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Take 1 of large egg.
- Provide 3 tbsp of melted and cooled unsalted butter.
Steps to make Tamale Pie:
- Set oven to 450°.
- FOR THE FILLING: heat oil in a dutch oven or oven safe skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and chili powder and heat for 5 min stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds..
- Stir in beef, beans, and tomatoes and cook for anothe 5 min. Add cheese and cilantro and season with salt..
- FOR THE CORNBREAD TOPPING: whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl beat egg into buttermilk. Combine with cornmeal mixture. Add butter, stir, and dollop over filling, spread evenly..
- Bake for 12-15 min. Serve hot..
If you find this Tamale Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.