Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you probably choose many food items out of habit. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One wholesome alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can have minestrone soup using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Take of olive oil.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Get of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Get of celery, diced.
- Prepare of yellow onion, diced.
- Take of garlic, minced.
- Get of tomato paste.
- Prepare of each oregano, dried basil.
- Provide of ground thyme.
- Take of fire roasted crushed tomatoes.
- Use of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Get of bay leaves.
- Use of salt.
- Provide of pepper.
- Get of small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Take of zucchini, diced.
- Use of yellow squash, diced.
- You need of unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of ditalini pasta (or other small shape).
- Get of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, stir in the onions, celery and carrot with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they have begun to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. Cook about 2-3 minutes more, stirring pretty often..
- Pour a bit of the broth in and deglaze the pan. Then the rest with the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves. Increase the heat to med-high and let this come up to a simmer. Once its simmering, stir in the beans, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash along with the salt and pepper. Let this all simmer together until the veggies are all tender. Last, take out the bay leaves and stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt down. Taste and add more salt, pepper, etc until you're happy with the flavor..
- While the soup is coming to a simmer, heat a separate pot of salted water over high heat. Once its boiling, cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and set it aside until the soup is done..
- To serve, you can stir the cooked pasta into the soup, or if you're going to have a lot of leftovers, you can just keep them separate and add the pasta to individual bowls and pour the soup over top of it… that way the pasta won't absorb all the liquid..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.