Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. To make turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken you only need 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Get of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Take of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Get of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Use of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- You need of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Take of poultry seasoning.
- Get of thyme, dryed.
- You need of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Use of whole garlic cloves.
- Use of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Prepare of FOR SOUP.
- You need of butter.
- You need of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Provide of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of celery stalks, sliced.
- Use of onion, chopped.
- Provide of of garlic, minced.
- Get of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of bok choy, chopped.
- Use of thyme.
- Get of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Use of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Get of lemon juice.
- Provide of parmesan cheese.
- You need of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Prepare of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Use of low sodium chicken broth.
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.