Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can have minestrone soup using 18 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Take 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Take 2 stalks of celery.
- Use 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- You need 1 of large potato.
- Get 1 of x 400g (15 oz) tin or can of cannellini beans.
- Take 2 slices of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Get 1 of fresh bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of x 400g (14-oz) tins or cans plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 litre (4 cups) of organic vegetable stock.
- Use 1 of large handful of seasonal greens, such as savoy cabbage, curly kale, chard.
- Take 100 g (4 oz) of wholemeal pasta.
- Get 1/4-1/2 bunch of fresh basil (optional).
- Use of Parmesan cheese.
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic..
- Peel and finely chop the onion..
- Trim and roughly chop the carrots..
- Trim and roughly chop the celery..
- Trim and roughly chop the courgette/zucchini..
- Then add the vegetables to a large bowl..
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways..
- Wash them under running water….
- Then cut into 1cm slices. Add to the bowl..
- Scrub and dice the potato..
- Drain the cannellini beans, then set aside..
- Finely slice the bacon..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon….
- And fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden..
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette/zucchini, and leek..
- Add oregano and bay..
- Cook slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potato, cannellini beans and plum tomatoes…..
- Then pour in the vegetable stock..
- Stir well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon..
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through. Meanwhile….
- Remove and discard any tough stalks bits from the greens….
- Then roughly chop..
- Using a rolling pin, bash the pasta into pieces while it’s still in the packet or wrap in a clean tea towel..
- To check the potato is cooked, pierce a chunk of it with a sharp knife – if it pierces easily, it’s done..
- Add the greens and pasta to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente..
- This translates as ‘to the tooth’ and means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of a bite and firmness to it..
- Try some just before the time is up to make sure you cook it perfectly..
- Add a splash more stock or water to loosen, if needed..
- Pick over the basil leaves (if using) and stir through..
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then serve with a grating of Parmesan and a slice of wholemeal bread, if you like..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.