Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino beef curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino beef curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino beef curry recipe. To cook filipino beef curry you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino beef curry:
- Provide of beef brisket, cut into large cubes.
- Prepare of Greek yogurt.
- Get of garlic, chopped.
- Use of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare of thumb-sized nub ginger, cut into small matchsticks.
- You need of heap tbsp curry powder.
- Get of smoked paprika.
- Get of can coconut milk.
- Take of palm sugar.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of large waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm chunks.
Instructions to make Filipino beef curry:
- In a bowl, toss the beef with the yogurt and a large pinch of salt. Cover and let marinate in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade and wipe off as much of the yogurt as you can. Sear the meat in the pan until all sides are well-browned..
- Add the garlic, onion, and ginger to the pan. Let fry for 2 minutes, then add the curry powder and paprika. Let fry another 2 minutes..
- Add the coconut milk, palm sugar, bay leaves and potatoes to the pan, along with 2 cups water. Add a good pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until the meat is tender. Add water as needed to keep the meat mostly submerged..
- Once the meat is fork tender, turn the heat back up to medium-high and remove the bay leaves. Let simmer until the sauce is reduced and thick. Serve with freshly steamed rice..
If you find this Filipino beef curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.