Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's spicy hot & sour dumpling soup recipe. To cook mike's spicy hot & sour dumpling soup you need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare 1 Packet of Quality Hot & Sour Soup.
- Get 12 of Frozen Small Steamed Meat & Mushroom Dumplings [your choice – steamed in microwave].
- Use 2 1/2 Cups of Beef Broth [instead of water – but substitute the exact amount manufacture calls for].
- Provide 1/3 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Get to taste of Sushi Nori [dried seaweed – broken into small pieces – be careful with these as they can taste pretty fishy!].
- Use 1 tsp of Fresh Mint [chopped + reserves for garnish – optional].
- Prepare 3 of Thai Chilies [minced – optional].
- Provide 1 Dash of Coconut Milk [optional – only if you want that Thai flavor].
- You need 1/8 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Take to taste of Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- Use 2 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Prepare 1 Dash of Lime Juice.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Use 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced].
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Pickled Ginger [minced].
- You need 2 of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Prepare as needed of Chow Mein Noodles.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corn Starch & 1 tbsp Water [mixed well & added to your simmering pot – optional – only if you want to thicken your broth].
Steps to make Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup:
- This and the next three photos below are what you'll need. Lemon Grass and sprouts not pictured. Sorry, it was late and I forgot..
- Coconut milk, soy sauce, Thai Chilies and fresh garlic cloves pictured..
- Water Chestnuts pictured..
- Boil your eggs. Bring eggs to a boil and shut off heat. Let set for 18 minutes covered, then chill. I always have boiled eggs at the ready in my fridge so that always saves some precious time for me..
- Quick chop what herbs that need be. Including garlic. Chives, Thai Basil, fresh mint and red pepper flakes pictured below..
- Microwave your dumplings as per your manufactures directions. Usually 1 minute is all it takes. You can easily find these delicious little juicy bad boys at your local Asian market. Or, even Costco or Sams Club if you have a membership there..
- Add everything except for boiled eggs and garnishments and simmer your soup. Add your corn starch and water mixture at end of high simmer if you want to thicken your broth. After all, you do want your broth to literally cling to your dumplings..
- Then, add your pre-steamed hot dumplings and gently stir..
- Garnish your soup with fresh Thai Basil, fresh mint, and top with sliced boiled eggs. Also, add crunchy Chow Mein Noodles. Serve with sides of Soy Sauce, fish sauce and chilled pickled Ginger. Enjoy your tiny midnight taste of Thailand!.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Hot & Sour Dumpling Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.