Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. When we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Yogurt is a snack many people neglect. Eating natural yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich resource of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This decreases your sugar absorption without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. To cook golden split pea soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Take of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- Take of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Get of carrots sliced.
- Take of white onion diced.
- Prepare of large ribs celery sliced.
- Prepare of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Get of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Take of dried thyme.
- You need of garlic cloves sliced.
- Use of chicken broth.
Instructions to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.