Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning hours. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain foods is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan chickpea soup recipe. You can have moroccan chickpea soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Get of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Take of medium onion, diced.
- Use of Olive oil.
- Provide of garlic, minced.
- You need of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- Use of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- You need of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- Take of whole coriander.
- Get of whole cumin seeds.
- Get of anise seed (optional).
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- Get of roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- Prepare of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- You need of onion powder.
- Take of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- You need of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Use of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Steps to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
If you find this Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.