Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. To cook slow cooker southwestern chicken soup you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Use of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- Take of water.
- Take of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Use of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Get of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- You need of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- Provide of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- Use of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- Take of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- Take of cumin.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Use of bay leaves.
- You need of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- Take of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- Get of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.