Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. To cook split pea ham soup you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Prepare of In Dutch Oven.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Provide 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Provide 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Use 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Provide 8 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Use 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
Instructions to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.